Carbon, Food Access, and Passion (S2C E54)
Wow. Sometimes we connect with old friends that are doing amazing work in the world, moving the needle for our communities and our beneficial carbon future.
This absolutely happened with our chat with Kyle Thomas.
Join us in our conversations with Kyle. We talk about the significant benefits of the Carbon Dividend Act, which will finally put a price on carbon, and Lauren offers a PUBLIC APOLOGY for not standing with this Act when she first heard of it a few years ago. She didn’t think we needed a legislative hammer to reduce carbon, but look at us now…
Kyle also is here to tell us about the Crop2Shop App, which connects farmers to new direct-markets. Any homeowner, restaurant, or store can use Crop2Shop to increase their access to fresh, local foods. This makes a ton of sense, and we talk about Kyle’s challenges and hopes for making this significant breakthrough change.
- Crop2Shop: https://www.crop2.shop/
- Consulting: http://www.naturalsystemsengineering.com/
- Geomarketing: https://go.groundtruth.com/geomarketing?referrer=adwords&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_source=adwords&utm_campaign=KD-pf-adw-Brand-20220421&utm_creative=594050446984&gclid=CjwKCAjwve2TBhByEiwAaktM1CKnNvbMvOPK1_flS-__wrBM7AYY2_wxXBEAHPWy8T-x8MZUwl8LmBoCEoQQAvD_BwE
- USDA Farmers Market: https://www.usda.gov/our-agency/initiatives/usda-farmers-market
- Spectrum Technology for Change: https://enterprise.spectrum.com/l/webelieve/transformative.html
- Cornell Cooperative Extension: http://cceonondaga.org/
- American Grassfed Association: https://www.americangrassfed.org/
- Citizen’s Climate Lobby: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/white-house/?gclid=CjwKCAjwve2TBhByEiwAaktM1BNXpEKpOHEpys9UUZ9-VqQ9hlIiIlDUTddX0zYMyzlCiN5WHEJTbBoCo1UQAvD_BwE
- CCL Letter to Congress: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/write-your-representative/#/74/
- The Hockey Stick & Climate Wars, Michael Mann: https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-hockey-stick-and-the-climate-wars-dispatches-from-the-front-lines_michael-e-mann/599285/item/4632386/?gclid=CjwKCAjwve2TBhByEiwAaktM1DznUpTZI_ZzRRdd5A-_dnX_VyjNemWEaNB1NbueNVCYzOqI1GeVhoCbAIQAvD_BwE#idiq=4632386&edition=7009855
As always, we ask you to like, comment, and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Share it on FB, LinkedIn, twitter, and Instagram! We have so many connections to make and there are so very many people that can be inspired by these connections!
Help us to change the world. It’s simple, really.
Your interest and connection mean so much to us!
Jodi and LaurenBe the first to like this post (no login required)