Be Part of the Solution (S2C E58)
SEBS – South End Butterfly Sanctuary, Albany NY
It is in the small, attentive, and respectful changes that we make in our lives, within our communities, that we can find hope. And this chat with Laura and Olivia gave us so very much hope for our connection to Nature, our future as caring people, and our capability to effect systemic change for our beneficial future.
All of this from a desire to be part of the solution and the impact of three wild butterflies. And care. And a willingness to learn. And a desire to do better.
Join us in a conversation with Olivia and her mom, Laura. Together with Olivia’s younger sister, and a host of interested visitors, awarded grants, and an interest in pollinators, history, and interdependence, they are changing Albany, NY for the better. Albany now has a Pollinator Day and a Nature Bus that brings people to places where they can connect once again with Nature, for free. It is becoming a “Pollinator Friendly” city!
And where we have pollinators, we have life!
Care to celebrate life? Learn about Monarchs in all their stages: egg, larvae, caterpillar, chrysalis, and butterfly. Find out how far they travel, and how to support their journey. Most of all, realize the changes we need to make to support our healthy future come in small steps that impact little creatures of our world in big ways. And anyone can make a strat at change in the space they have.
Below are some links mentioned in our interview. Copy them into your browser to learn more.
- @SEBSofAlbanyNY https://www.facebook.com/SEBSofAlbanyNY/
- Never Doubt Quote: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/margaret_mead_100502
- Monarch Watch https://www.monarchwatch.org/
- Earth Force https://earthforce.org/
- Lollipop Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TD_Isr-JAw
- 4H https://4-h.org/
- Birds and Bees Protection Act https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2021/S699
- Nature Bus of Albany https://www.cdta.org/news/nature-bus-now-running
- Children’s Café of Southend Albany https://southendchildrenscafe.org/
- We do not inherit our future….Quote https://thedailyquotes.com/we-do-not-inherit-the-earth-from-our-ancestors-we-borrow-it-from-our-children/
- Connection to Nature
Thanks for watching. Please like, comment and subscribe subscribe to our YouTube channel so we can expand this network of connection! Let’s not only be subject2change, but willing to invest in it!
Jodi and LaurenBe the first to like this post (no login required)